Buyer Commodity Responsibilities
Each Buyer specializes in the procurement of particular commodities and services for each campus over a
period of time. The areas of responsibilities are rotated annually for cross-training and effectiveness.
The District purchases a variety of products and services, which we categorize in
our system by category codes.
Click links below to search for Buyer Category Responsibilities by:
Our Mission Statement
As a Department:
- Be recognized and identified as a full and complete service provider.
- Be consistently able to conduct a full scope of Business Transactions.
- Always providing clear and convincing and irrefutable evidence.
- Accomplish optimization and efficient application of all available funding sources.
Purchasing Code of Ethics
Purchasing and Contract Services subscribes to the following code of ethics:
- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of the institution.
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Decline personal gifts or gratuities.
- Grant all competitive suppliers equal consideration insofar as state or federal statute
and institutional policy permit.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith,
devoid of intentional misrepresentation.
- Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or
written statement, an advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- Receive consent of originator of proprietary ideas and designs before using them for
competitive purchasing purposes.
- Make every reasonable effort to negotiate an equitable and mutually agreeable settlement
of any controversy with a supplier; and/or be willing to submit any major controversies to
arbitration or other third party.
- Accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all that call on
legitimate business missions.